VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a great choice for businesses looking to upgrade their telephony systems and make their communication services more efficient. Replacing the traditional PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) with IP-based technologies will equip companies with advanced and flexible communication tools that enable more effective business expansion on a global scale.
What is a PSTN replacement?
A PSTN replacement solution refers to services that offer fully featured IP telephony and provide reliable cloud calling. The building blocks needed to replace the traditional PSTN telephony system include the following:
- Local, national, mobile and toll-free virtual phone numbers
- Inbound and outbound calling
- Guaranteed CLI (Caller Line Identity)
- Access to local toll-free, short code calling
- Access to emergency services such as 911
- Phone number portability
International businesses can leverage a PSTN replacement service with a reliable telephony provider to connect their phone numbers and voice infrastructure into a single, easy-to-use and cost-efficient communications platform.
Benefits of replacing the PSTN with VoIP
There are numerous advantages that come with ditching traditional PSTN-based services. By adopting VoIP telephony and cloud communications, your business will enjoy:
- Reduced communication costs: there is no hardware required and the call rates are lower
- Greater scalability: Internet-based solutions are easier and much faster to scale up and down
- Effortless business expansion: VoIP enables a corporation to rapidly grow locally or internationally
- Extensive functionality: companies have access to a variety of modern telephony features
- Remote capabilities: smartphones, tablets or PCs may be used to receive or make VoIP phone calls wherever you are
- Ease of use: VoIP solutions allow rapid configuration updates, are convenient and user friendly
- Integration with other platforms: CRM applications, marketing platforms, and more seamlessly integrate with a VoIP phone system
Steps for easier migration to VoIP
For a business to grow faster, it is essential to adopt an advanced communications solution that will be cost-efficient, scalable and highly functional. Although switching from the PSTN to VoIP might seem like a complex process, the actual transition from analogue phones to a cloud-based IP system is straightforward and delivers a number of business benefits.
There are only a few steps to accomplish the transition to VoIP:
- Choose a reliable VoIP provider
- Make sure that you have a suitable Internet connection
- Consider what VoIP features you need
- Keep your existing phone numbers by porting them to the selected provider
After you complete these steps, your business can start implementing the necessary changes. In general, VoIP systems are easy to set up and you can manage the service yourself via a user-friendly web portal. Nevertheless, if you need help, an experienced VoIP provider will gladly offer their assistance.
DIDWW’s broad service offering combines the necessary building blocks for a smooth transition to VoIP. A powerful SIP trunking solution, Emergency Dialing service, extensive coverage of instantly available DID numbers in 80+ countries, as well as free number porting services provide our customers with new opportunities to easily expand their businesses into diverse global markets.