Highly flexible and scalable VoIP communication solutions are great replacements for outdated PSTN technology. Therefore, modern and fast-growing companies use SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) technology to make business calls. Generally, organizations utilize local and/or international call termination for all of their internal and external communications.
What is local termination?
This type of service is provided by the local telecom operator, and includes calls to local emergency services, short code and toll free phone numbers. Phone calls terminated locally are managed by a Tier 1 carrier, making the service extremely reliable. Choosing a VoIP service with local dialing allows for a complete replacement of the traditional PSTN.
The telecom industry is heavily regulated, and an increasing number of countries are adopting strict rules that operators must comply with. By adhering to these requirements, more and more telecom operators will block local calls delivered by non-local carriers, therefore, businesses need to find providers that guarantee local termination.
In addition, the local dialing service provides businesses with the assurance that a Caller ID (CLI) is displayed to the recipient, thereby increasing call pick up rates. Potential customers trust local businesses more, and are consequently more likely to answer calls with a familiar area code.
What is international termination?
With international termination, calls may often go through several telephone operators around the globe, until they reach their final destination. There may be different quality levels of international termination services, involving higher prices for premium quality calls.
In addition, there is no guaranteed caller ID associated with this service. When the call reaches the end user, the CLI may show up as a random number, or the call may appear anonymous.
The cost-efficient international termination service is useful for companies, such as call centers, that make voice calls to different destinations all across the globe.
Going deeper into this subject, we have listed the main features that apply to local and international call termination at DIDWW.
- Local call termination coverage includes 41 countries, and counting
- The service allows calling to local short-code, toll-free and special numbers
- Free number portability for local termination is supported in 32 countries
- Only numbers on your DIDWW account can be used as caller IDs
- Highest audio quality is ensured by using an operator’s in-country network
- Local caller ID display is guaranteed
- Local termination enables full PSTN replacement
- Local call termination ensures maximum cost efficiency
- International call termination is available globally
- Calls are routed through premium A to Z routes, ensuring the highest possible audio quality
- International termination may be used with 3rd party phone numbers
Applicable to both local and international termination services:
- Virtually unlimited, user defined concurrent call capacity is available
- Advanced features are offered to prevent traffic abuse, including IP access control, 24 hour expenditure limitations and blocked destinations
- Complete service security is ensured with SIP trunk encryption, DIGEST and IP authentication and TLS/SRTP protocols
- Flexible pricing plans according to your business model
- DIDWW call termination fully complies with regulations
- Real time SIP trunk configuration is available via the DIDWW self-service portal and the API
Overall, the use cases for the local and international termination are different, and it is best to carefully select the type of service that meets your specific business requirements.
DIDWW delivers a powerful Inbound and Outbound SIP trunking solution with rock-solid reliability, premium voice quality, and flexible trunk configurations. For more information on our SIP trunking services, please contact us today at email@example.com or via our live chat at any time.